Sunday, September 03, 2006

first post - one skein secret pal



I know, not very original. I don't think I can add lots to the wonderfull and inspiring knitting blogs you find all over the net, but I think it's a great way to connect and communicate.
Right now I am involved in the one skein secret pal exchange. The main goal was to send one skein of yarn to a pal abroad, and knit something for her in the last month (that was august). My downstream pal was Estelle in France. I sent her a pair of armwarmers, knitted from a skein of kool-aid dyed yarn. I used the flavors grape, lime and changing cherry. I bought the yarn on a local crafts market, it's handspun by a local spinner. She already mailed me that she liked it, it's always fun to give a gift that's really appreciated.
English is not my native tongue, so I want to apologize for any spelling or other errors.


Ik woon in Belgiƫ, en ben nederlandstalig - ik weet niet goed of ik mijn blog tweetalig wil of niet, want als ik over breien denk of schrijf gebeurt dat meestal wel ih Engels... Maar toch. Ik zie deze blog vooral als een mogelijkheid om te communiceren met de 'breiwereld'. Mijn aflopend project was de 'one skein' exchange. Mijn geheime vriendje die iets van mij ontving was Estelle in Frankrijk. Ik heb haar in augustus een streng wol gestuurd die ik zelf had geverfd met Kool-aid (amerikaans limonadepoeder). Ik gebruikte de smaken druif, limoen en 'veranderende kers' (smaakt naar kers maar ziet er blauw uit). Redelijk verontrustend te bedenken dat kindertjes in Amerika dit echt drinken. En het is kleurecht, weet ik uit vorige ervaringen ! De wol is handgesponnen door een plaatselijke spinner. En de wol was 'zeelands schaap' of zoiets. Hoe de wol dan verwerkt zie je op de andere foto.

No comments: